Monday, November 9, 2009

White Chili

This is a vegetarian chili but it is so good that you don't even miss the meat. The recipe is from a lady that I used to work with at camp. I made some changes to the recipes just because I didn't have everything on hand and I also halved the recipe. I think next time I make it I will add some chicken and corn and use a little less sour cream.

Rinda's White Chili
  • 1 Medium Onion, chopped
  • 1 1/2 TSP Garlic Powder
  • 1 TBS Oil
  • 2 Cans (15 OZ) Great Northern Beans
  • 1 Can (14 1/2 OZ) Vegetable Broth (I used chicken broth)
  • 2 Cans (4 OZ) chopped Green Chili
  • 1 TSP each Salt, Cumin, Oregano
  • 1/2 TSP Pepper
  • 1/4 TSP Cayenne Pepper (I used Chili Pepper)
  • 1 CUP Sour Cream
  • 1/2 CUP Whipping Cream

In large saucepan saute onion and garlic powder in oil. Add beans, broth, chiles, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 20-30 minutes. Stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Serve immediately.

No comments: