Monday, December 8, 2008

Spaghetti Carbonara

I have never had this before and thought it sounded interesting, but to be honest I didn't really like it. The recipe I used is a mixture of Rachael Ray's and one that I found on the internet.

Spaghetti Carbonara
  • 1 POUND Spaghetti
  • 2-3 TBS Olive Oil
  • 8 Slices of Bacon
  • 1 Onion, diced
  • 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
  • 3 Eggs, beaten with a splash of milk and a couple tablespoons of boiling water from pasta
  • 1/2-1 CUP Parmesan Cheese
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

Start water boiling for pasta. In large skillet cook bacon, remove from pan and let drain on papertowel. Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente. Add olive oil to pan with bacon drippings and cook onions until translucent. Add garlic and cook for a few more minutes. Drain pasta and rinse well. Toss the pasta with the onion, garlic and oil until evenly coated. Add the bacon and egg mixture, tossing until evenly coated. Remove from heat and add cheese and salt and pepper.

No comments: