Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pumpkin Pie

I have never made pumpkin pie before so I just used the recipe on the can of pumpkin. The only change that I would make is to blind bake the crust first because the bottom did not get cooked through.

Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie
  • 3/4 CUP Sugar
  • 1/2 TSP Salt
  • 1 3/4 TSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 (15 OZ) Can Libby's Pure Pumpkin
  • 1 (12 OZ) Can Carnation Evaporated Milk
  • 1 Unbaked Pie Crust
  • Whipped Cream

Mix sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours and then serve or refrigerate.

No comments: